Creating member accounts and accounts for minors (children), wards (adults unable to manage their own account), and deceased minors or wards. Refer to the attached short 3 minute video to see this in action.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating a Standard Account
- Creating an account for your Minor or Ward
- Creating an account for a Deceased Minor or Ward
- Additional Tips
Creating a Standard Account
- Enter your email address (it can only be associated with one Luna account).
- Enter a password following the guidance on special characters. As you include each required character type, the bullet next to the guidance will turn teal. Example: I entered "Pass3" so far and the bullets are now teal for lowercase letter, uppercase letter and number. I still need more characters and a special character.
- Enter your country of residence and your date of birth.
- Select the "Myself" button to create an account for yourself.
- You will receive an email to the email address you entered. Click the link in the email to verify your email address.
- After clicking the email link a new window will open in your browser taking you to the set-up two factor authentication page.
- Enter a cell phone number or Google Voice number for two-factor authentication. We do not accept landlines.
- First, select the flag for your country. It will default to the USA.
- Second, enter your phone number.
- Do NOT enter the country code (e.g., do NOT enter "1" or "+##").
- Do NOT enter ANY preceding zeros ("0"), e.g., no 00## or 0####...
- Third, press submit
- You will receive a text code to the phone number you entered. Type the code into the field on the page provided to verify your phone number.
- Your account has been created. Next you will be asked to consent to share data that will be used in a de-identified manner for health-related research based on the studies you choose to join on Luna.
Creating an account for your Minor or Ward
- Follow steps 1 through 3 for "Creating a Standard Account", then:
- Select the "Managing a Minor or Ward"
- A small window will open for you to select Minor or Ward. Choose the appropriate one.
- Follow steps 5 through 8 in "Creating a Standard Account" to verify your email address and setup two-factor authentication.
- After verifying your account details, you will be asked to enter information about your Minor or Ward so that their account can also be set up under your login.
- First, complete your Minor's or Ward's name, date of birth, and other information
- Second, associate your Minor or Ward with any communities your own account is already associated with if you so choose (you will be presented with a list of just communities from which to choose).
- After completing details about your Minor or Ward, you will go to their account and complete a consent on their behalf to share data about them that will be used in a de-identified manner for health-related research based on the studies you choose to join on their behalf / from their accounts on Luna.
- You can switch between your account and your Minor's or Ward's account by going to: Menu - Switch Accounts.
Creating an account for a Deceased Minor or Ward
- Follow the steps for "Creating a Minor or Ward Account"
- At step 5, check on the "deceased" box when entering the Minor's or Ward's information.
NOTE: If you are creating an account for a loved one who has passed away, please select minor or ward based on the age they were at the date of death.
- You can now make multiple minor or ward accounts at (almost) the same time while creating your guardian/caregiver account.
- You can add a new minor or ward account from the guardian/caregiver account's settings at Menu - Settings - Connected Accounts.
- You can add the minor and ward accounts to any communities the guardian/caregiver is a part of during minor/ward account creation. If the guardian/caregiver is not a member of any communities, none will be shown and you should select "skip for now".